iMayberry Community

Views: 7552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What episode?

Well, Mayor, I gotta tell ya; Iv’e been stumped and I’ve been stumped but this one takes the cake. I have no recollection of a hot air balloon being mentioned in any episode, but I expect I will be learning it.  As far as I’m concerned it might as well be Al Becker piloting that balloon with Count I. Teleky as a passenger and they are both  up there checking the atmosphere for hexin qualities.  

Has it something to do with someone being filled with hot air?

Hint: Barney is in the balloon, all alone. Or you might even say Barney is the balloon (that’s a figure of speech). And since this is a B/W balloon, it is from a B/W episode.

I only recall 2 instances where balloons are mentioned at all. One comes from Ralph the Councilman in “The Mayberry Band,” when he presents a motion to use balloons at the Apricot Blossom Festival even though “balloons are so doggone commonplace at apricot festivals.”  The other comes from Opie in “Merchant of Mayberry” when he tells Andy Weaver’s department store is giving things away; “ain’t just stuff, it’s valuable, I’ll show ya - see - Balloons!”

Barney, going up, up, and away. . . without her. (Season 1)

Wow! This was a tough one, but I’m surprised it didn’t come to mind sooner.  It’s from “Cyrano Andy” when Ole Barn tries to woo Ellie. She laughs off his advances and he says “You had your chance to fly with me but you wasn’t woman enough. Now the balloon’s going up without you.”

You got it!

[Otis' 24 hours are up]

Barney: "Well we aughta' make im' blow up a balloon or something."

Andy: "We ain't even got any balloons."

What episode did I just watch?

My first guess would be Barney’s Bloodhound, but something tells me there is some deeper meaning to the picture you posted.

This must be from “The Guitar Player” when Andy compliments Jim Lindsey’s guitar playing by comparing him to “that fella we see every now and then on television. A shakin’ and a squeemin’, like somebody’s beatin’ his dog!”

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"TV's back then were quite a luxury. In our home, so that first prize was quite a catch. Our…"
2 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion ANDYGRAMS
"New one. MR ED ELF RUMP"
2 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"I’d sure send in my three bottle caps you bet."
9 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"I would love to whip out that flash camera on Christmas Day!  The clock radio is pretty nifty…"
11 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"Nice find.  I wonder if a Mr. Potato Set was among the 160 prizes."
12 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to Mayor Pike's discussion ANDYGRAMS
"Fine piece of detective work there Franklin.  I didn’t even have to pull out Clue 1,…"
12 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion Big Orange
"Thanks for the interesting nostalgia!  I love the three bottle tops in the mail.  I…"
13 hours ago
Keevy Hazelton posted a discussion
16 hours ago

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service