iMayberry Community

What Mayberry characters do you wish you could have seen more of?

Ever have a favorite episode and say 'the casting director really nailed that one'? Like, who would have made a better Briscoe Darling than Denver Pyle? Or, a better mayor than Mayor Pike? Or a more crotchety old skin-flint than the original Ben Weaver? Many of the character actors in the series were spot on. And it seems like the very best of them only appeared in two or three episodes. So, who is it you wished you could have seen more of. Outside of the three above, I wish Lydia would have been in more episodes. Her dry personality contrasted so well with the regular characters I think they could have written her in, in half the episodes and added to the charm of the series. What do you think?

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shorty, you're just dying to hear that rumor going around about Myra. Sorry, but what happens in Mayberry stays in Mayberry.

You know me, the last thing I want is to spread gossip!!!

Dud, You are correct, I keep watching that episode thinking one day, Ben is going to be late to wave Andy and Ole Barn down and we can hear the rumor, but thus far, Ben is always on time?????

Okay... here you go. 

I heard it had something to do with that dish towel salesman that came through town last fall. Rumor has it, there was more than towel business going on if you know what I mean.

:O !!!!!  You mean....Bert Miller and her....and they....and then....WITH A TOWEL????   *faint*

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Anyone for sulfa powdah?  ;-)"
22 hours ago
Bobby Fleet replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Irresistible Andy Barney walks into the drug store while Ellie is chewing out Andy.  She asks…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I am guessing it is an episode where Barney mentions foot powder? Barney would mention such a thing."
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"here is one  "
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0512615/ says sulfur powder, but I agree with you."
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I’ve always thought it was called sulfa- powder. Not sure they would sprinkle sulfur on open…"
Saturday
"Yes sir-ee!"
Saturday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Yes I agree.  He was a creep of a  Mayor.  Never did like him much. "
Saturday
"Yeah, and Barney was harmonizing, well tryin to, sort of.  Sounded a little twangy.  "
Saturday
"Those Gossipin Me?   "It's my trigger finger, better not lose that. …"
Saturday
"What episode did I just watch? "
Friday
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Also, Andy sings it  with Jim Lendsey in "Guitar Player".  "
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service