iMayberry Community

What Mayberry characters do you wish you could have seen more of?

Ever have a favorite episode and say 'the casting director really nailed that one'? Like, who would have made a better Briscoe Darling than Denver Pyle? Or, a better mayor than Mayor Pike? Or a more crotchety old skin-flint than the original Ben Weaver? Many of the character actors in the series were spot on. And it seems like the very best of them only appeared in two or three episodes. So, who is it you wished you could have seen more of. Outside of the three above, I wish Lydia would have been in more episodes. Her dry personality contrasted so well with the regular characters I think they could have written her in, in half the episodes and added to the charm of the series. What do you think?

Views: 584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shorty, you're just dying to hear that rumor going around about Myra. Sorry, but what happens in Mayberry stays in Mayberry.

You know me, the last thing I want is to spread gossip!!!

Dud, You are correct, I keep watching that episode thinking one day, Ben is going to be late to wave Andy and Ole Barn down and we can hear the rumor, but thus far, Ben is always on time?????

Okay... here you go. 

I heard it had something to do with that dish towel salesman that came through town last fall. Rumor has it, there was more than towel business going on if you know what I mean.

:O !!!!!  You mean....Bert Miller and her....and they....and then....WITH A TOWEL????   *faint*

If characters that appeared in only one episode qualify, then I'd say Mr Frisby (Charles Lane) from Aunt Bee The Crusader. Also Newton Monroe (Don Rickles) from The Luck Of Newton Monroe. Not so much the characters, but I just love those two actors/comedian. Or maybe Ellen Brown (Barbara Eden) from The Manicurist, but we got to see a lot more of her a few years later in another show. 

Maybe they could have featured Opie's friends more, particularly Johnny Paul Jason. I always enjoyed the interaction between Opie and the other kids.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

George's TV Repair replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I went to grade school with a girl, who for years, would vehemently correct anyone who give her…"
yesterday
Keevy Hazelton replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I barely remember telephone exchanges. They were used to represent the first two letters of a 7…"
yesterday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Things We Wonder About
"I’ve often wondered about phone numbers on The Andy Griffith Show like: 371J, or MP-3791 etc.…"
Thursday
Ronald Stutes replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"General Mills and General Foods were separate companies. General Foods was merged into Kraft Foods…"
Thursday
mayberryfan replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Correct!"
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot…"
Wednesday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
""I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot…"
Wednesday
mayberryfan replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"I can't stand the thought of the US Mail conducting business through a slot machine! What…"
Wednesday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service