iMayberry Community

This topic is WAY out of my league so I won't even contribute one to prime the pump.  But I do believe this will be fun for all you auto-oriented TAGS fans.  Let's list actual vehicles that appeared on the show by make and model, if possible.  Plus, we can add any references to automobiles made by the citizens of The Friendly Town.  Even TV commercials for cars/trucks or magazine ads for them are fair game.  Well, shucks, let's open it up to even a mention of an automaker on the show.  No telling what may come driving by....

Views: 918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Naw Shorty, gotta' be Myra Koontz, from the lingerie shop.

WOW!  I had no idea that there was a "Car Category" for TAGS--with photos, no less.  About the neatest collection ever, in my view.  Thanks for posting that link:)

I must, as they say in politics, take the high road here and make a confession: I peeked at that site to find the make of their first patrol car.

Snoop....snoop!

Here's one that wasn't on the great site that Joe posted. This is Peggy's 1961 Ford Thunderbird (99% positive of the year).

Note the top photo of the house behind the squad car, is that the Taylor house? If so then Peggy lived just 3 doors down from Andy. Makes ya think! I could be wrong though.

Here was the Taylor house in Season 4 - Gomer the House Guest. Gomer is in the "phantom" guest bedroom that was gone by Season 5 when Ollie and Nora came to visit. There were quite a few cars in this episode.

I guess folks didn't like to walk that far back then.  How else could you show off your vehicle?

Absolutely AWESOME, Rare.  Thanks for posting.  I'll be studying that for a good while.  Anybody got a bucket?

Hmmmmm...one site lists the Darling's truck as a 1929 and the other has it listed as a 1928. I always thought it was a 1929 but don't know now.

This picture makes me wonder something. (This from "Gomer the House Guest")

Why would Ford who sponsors the cars allow the show to use all Fords sitting at a service station in need of repair? You would think the Ford people would tell them to use GM or Chryslers for that scene. Just sayin.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Dr. Pendyke replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Pike was a befuddled, somewhat confused mayor, but at heart he was a nice guy. Stoner was just a…"
11 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"How did such a jerk ever get elected mayor?"
14 hours ago
Dud replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
"The only fire I saw on the series was the time Jubal Foster burned down his own barn makin'…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was pretentious... an interloper. I've never seen such a clear case of pretentious…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Musta been a popular name back then. I like how the writers named people on the show. All unusual…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was a joke cracker."
Friday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"It was Bobby Fleet who remarked how if there was a beauty contest in Mayberry, no one would win."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Not sure where this belongs but I was watching an early episode of My Three Sons called The Blind…"
Thursday
Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
Oct 16
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Oct 15
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Oct 15
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Oct 15

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service