iMayberry Community

Most of us love everything about TAGS.  But let's focus on what each one of us would miss MOST if it had never been a part of the show.  OR what would we miss most if something we got used to wasn't there any more?

I'll start with the mother of all "misses" from the show.  We got used to him; we loved him; we never got over it when he wasn't there any more:  Barney Fife

Strangely, too, if Leon's sandwich hadn't been part of the show I think it would have left a big ole peanut butter & jelly hole in many episodes. 

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We know the court house is the center stage of the show, but I would certainly miss Aunt Bee and everything about their home. The front porch, the stone fireplace,  Opie's bedroom where we once got to see his unique bed-making style, Aunt Bee's kitchen through all it's remodeling,  right up to the addition of that wonderful garbage disposal.

I loved seeing Aunt Bee bringing in a load of laundry, serving breakfast coffee to one and all, baking cakes with Goober's "help," sharing recipes on the phone, getting out fried chicken and peek-les for the summit meeting,  Mr. Darling and I just love to watch her working in there, she's such a clean-cooking woman.

I'd miss the filling station. It has always been a special part of the show for me because I experienced that same kind of atmosphere as a boy. My dad was from a very small town (Vale, NC, in Lincoln CO.) and whenever we went to visit we'd go up to the local Sinclair station on Saturday nights and hang around with the other town folk, very much like is seen on TAGS. I always got a Sun Drop and a bag of Tom's chips.

Our Sinclair gave S & H Green Stamps and had a HUGE display case of redeemable items (lots of toys).  Sometimes Mom & Dad would allow us to get out of the car and go to the display and look at all the toys. 

Great  Memories!

I agree with Keevy.  I would probably spend half my day at Floyd's playing checkers and the other half at the filling station drinking pop, taking bets on how man flat 'tars' they would get that week.

Cell #1

I would miss the peg outside the cell door that held the jail keys except when there was "maximum security". 

I guess what I would miss most would be Andy. It would be a tough sell without him!

I'd really miss Opie and his youthful innocence. Scenes like his giving three cents to charity, or his volunteering to "save a dollar" out his $50 purse find, his attempts to throw a tantrum, or his usual willingness to listen to Andy's good sense, etc., etc., etc.

I'd miss the barber shop too.  Those words of wisdom by Floyd are valuable!  And it's a "home away from home" for the Mayberry men folks.  Many of the world's problems have been solved at Floyd's Barber Shop.

I'd miss a few things.  Among them, I'd miss Andy's down-home sensibility and his way of ribbing Barn at just the right moment and getting him all wound up.  I'd miss Aunt Bee bustling around the house and her and Clara either competing to the nth degree but still being best friends at the end of it.  I'd miss the courthouse being set up just the way it is, with the Mayberry County map behind the desk, the filing cabinet and desk beside Andy's desk, the back room, the peg on the wall between the cells, etc etc etc.  

I'd miss that opening theme "whistle."  Seems that somehow when I hear that...I just feel better!

I'd also miss Andy saying to Barney, when he just can't take anymore, "You beat everything--you know that?"

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Al Becker left a comment for Chuck Hansen
"Welcome to Mayberry!"
yesterday
Al Becker posted a status
"I come into rooms real nice."
Sunday
Al Becker updated their profile
Sunday
Chuck Hansen is now a member of iMayberry Community
Saturday
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"AND his breathing--WOW!!  Eleanora could put a breathing lesson on a feller.  I agree…"
Sep 18
Mayor Pike replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"He did improve a bit however with the help of Miss Poultice. His "me theys" were…"
Sep 18
Thelscuz replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"One lesson ole Barn never did learn was that he was a really BAD singer.  Never could…"
Sep 17
Bernie Fife replied to Thelscuz's discussion Lessons Learned
"Andy sometimes seemed a little thick-headed. In "The Return Of Malcolm Merriweather", it…"
Sep 17
Dud replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"'nothing quite as sweet' or 'nothing half as sweet' as Juanita... Juanita.…"
Sep 15
Kathy Hinkley updated their profile
Sep 14
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Drinkin!"
Sep 11
Eric is now a member of iMayberry Community
Sep 11

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by