iMayberry Community

Hey there,
I noticed that Joanna McNeil was only on TAGS once. Does anyone know what happened to her after her appearance in that episode? It was a significant part and I thought she did well. Maybe she was a friend of someone on the show and they just gave her a part as a friendly gesture.
I have looked on the internet high and low and it seems she dropped out of sight.
Maybe some of you vets have some insight.
I was thinking a name change or maybe a one time experience as an actress on the tube.

Appreciate your wisdom and help.
Alex

Views: 4250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's the uniform!  There;s something about a man in a uniform, even if he doesn't wear it all the time.  Gives a girl goosebumps!

I donated! Let's all donate to keep the iMayberry Community going. If 9 people donate $20 we are there! If 17 people donate $10 we are there! Please consider helping out. We are really a "Friendly Town" so let's come through for the iCommunity!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the bump, but I came across this post about a year ago and forgot about this site until I checked my junk mail.

Anyways, Joanna McNeil (stage name Evan MacNeil) was born Sylvia Joanne Murphy, and happens to be my grand-aunt. Sadly, my family isn’t very open about her acting career as she had some personal issues that I won’t get into here, but she was a great actress, and had a short-lived career.

I updated her IMDb page because I remember overhearing her brothers (my grandfather and grand-uncle) saying her stage name was ‘Evan MacNeil’. Did some digging, found her page was already there, did some more looking for the episodes and films she was in, and looks very similar to her in TAGS. But her birthdate and place is wrong; she sadly passed in 2005.

She was the first wife to the late Paul Carr, and they had two kids.

Her father, my great-grandfather, Arthur L. Murphy, was a writer, and can also be found on the same gravestone, and IMDb.

Links;

https://billiongraves.com/grave/Sylvia-Joanne-Murphy/8786966

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1161304/

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0961435/

P.S. I am 20 ys old, living in Halifax, NS, Canada. I have dreams to pursue acting and writing, following in my family’s footsteps. If I can help anyone with anything, or if anyone has any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I love history, and would hate for any info to be lost. If necessary, I can always take a risk, and ask the older generation in my family. Thank you, and sorry again for the bump.

This is her in a 1958 episode of Peter Gunn.

@Rare Nickle That's her! I've seen that episode. Thanks for uploading the still.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

rb replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"yes and no.  see…"
15 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to SWFLguy's discussion Mayberry RFD reruns??
"I hear tell it was the final episode of the original series."
17 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Just saw an old-fashioned radiator in the jail. That's a vote for steam heat."
17 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS
"Also...the car, obviously parked in the driveway, is on the wrong side of the house."
yesterday
Rare Nickle replied to Dud's discussion Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS
"Some of that film is reversed, some shots of Andy his hair is parted on the wrong side."
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"I think Aunt Bee was the emergency back-up, armed with her wooden spoon.  Ouch!"
yesterday
"Okay, I am no talented noticer like some of you. But in the runaway kid episode, Barney pulls up to…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And they were running the furnace in the summer! Like Floyd (or was it Calvin Coolidge) says,…"
Wednesday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"Go in dressed like an old lady and tell 'em you wanna put two dollars right on the…"
Wednesday
Dud posted a discussion

Behind the scenes home movie of TAGS

If you haven't seen this, it's definitely worth a look. All the main characters are there, of…See More
Wednesday
Rare Nickle replied to SWFLguy's discussion The Bookie Barber
"I think he did......"
Tuesday
"Heard about that mysterious door. I have been working on the front door mail slot that someone…"
Tuesday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service