iMayberry Community

I can think of four times Barney was either parked or driving on the wrong side of the road.  (Luckily Gomer wasn't around for a citizens arrest.)

There's probably more.  I think I remember Andy doing it too but cant think of the episode.

Name these four or any other times you can remember.

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keep in mind, as Barney told Gomer, the squad car is a "true emergency vehicle".  Thus not subject to driving laws.  

True, but he weren’t on no emergency.  :) 

I remember Barney came tearin up in a car and came to a screaching halt in front of Andy’s house and even kicked up some dust when he did it, and his car ended up parked facing the wrong way of traffick. That was in Runaway Kid.

Interesting.  That one looks like the daily double, Franklin.  I just watched that scene.  First Andy drives up to his house going the wrong way in the squad car.  A minute later Barney screams up also going the wrong way in a regular car.

Not one of the episodes I was originally thinking of so there's at least four more yet.

On one occasion, in Jail Break Barney came into town driving a Ford Station wagon and he was going lickity split and towing a camping trailer with two crooks inside with Detective Horton held hostage and Ole Barn really stired things up driving like crazy swerving all over the place and I am quite positive when he finally came to a stop he was right square on the wrong way of trafic in front of the courthouse.

We’ll have to give Barney a break on that one.  That was a true emergency.

So then I guess when Barn had a bush attached to his side car motorsickle and going right up against the face of oncoming trafick to set up check-point chickie, that doesn’t count either cuz he was doing his duty.

Here is one you perhaps missed. "The Return of Barney Fife" . He swerves past other cars parked the right way and then parks the wrong way behind them! 

Yep, I did miss that one, Mayor.  The four I’m thinking of are all B/W..  it will be interesting to see how many there are. 

Otis, on the other hand, parks correctly! See Hot Rod Otis. 

It is not Barney, but Andy parks the wrong way in front of his house when he brings Tom Silby home to call Mrs Silby.  

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Franklin Dickerson replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Yeah, I have a heck of a time navigating around this thing sometimes trying to find where I posted…"
3 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"That's it Shorty.  I was just talking about that episode recently and just by coincidence…"
3 hours ago
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Rafe Hollister sings it at the musicale"
3 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"Yep. The secret FBI handshake, and it was the same guy who played a would-be bank robber in The…"
5 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"You got it Shorty. Every law officer ought to know the FBI handshake!"
9 hours ago
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Schizophreniacs did it."
10 hours ago
Shorty Cox replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"If I have a quarter million"
14 hours ago
Mayor Pike liked ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
yesterday
Mayor Pike liked Bobby Fleet's discussion Wrong Way Fife
yesterday
Mayor Pike liked Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Keevy Hazelton's discussion What Episode Did I Just Watch?
"OK, time for another! What episode did I just watch?"
yesterday
Shorty Cox replied to Bobby Fleet's discussion Wrong Way Fife
"It is not Barney, but Andy parks the wrong way in front of his house when he brings Tom Silby home…"
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service