iMayberry Community

Let's post our favorite scenes of all time.

I have two.

First, in "The Education of Ernest T. Bass", when Barney silently shows how to walk into a room in a social setting.  Kisses hands. Andy jokes about his "mouthwork."

And second, in "Opie the Birdman" when Barney claims to understand bird talk. "The ways of the creatures of the wild are many and wonderful."  And also, "Well, Winkin will tell Blinkin, Blinkin will tell Nod, Nod will tell Barney, and Barney will tell you."

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. In the real world, Andy would have been nuts to let a women like that get away.

For some reason, in "My Fair Ernest T. Bass", when Ernest T. picks up the vase and smashes the guy "dainstin" with "Romena" in the head and says "I'm cuttin' in" -- that just makes me laugh out loud every single time!

(He gave it to 'em firm...)

We all LOL at that one, too.  In fact almost every line in "My Fair Ernest T," is funny.

One of my favorite scenes is in, "Barney's New Car," when they're all riding happily in the country and Thelma Lou is chattering about loving farms and then interrupts herself to scream when the steering wheel comes up like a cobra.

I have many also but the one that came to mind first is when Andy knocks on Emma Brand's front door looking for the escaped crook that's in her house behind the door and she stutters trying to say he's not there.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Dud replied to Randy Higgins's discussion Mayberry Town Seal
"The only fire I saw on the series was the time Jubal Foster burned down his own barn makin'…"
18 hours ago
Dud replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was pretentious... an interloper. I've never seen such a clear case of pretentious…"
19 hours ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Musta been a popular name back then. I like how the writers named people on the show. All unusual…"
19 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was a joke cracker."
Friday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"It was Bobby Fleet who remarked how if there was a beauty contest in Mayberry, no one would win."
Thursday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Not sure where this belongs but I was watching an early episode of My Three Sons called The Blind…"
Thursday
Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
Tuesday
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Oct 15
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Oct 15
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Oct 15
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Wow I didn’t know that about them being n A Wonderful Life. I have the DVD, gonna have to…"
Oct 15
"He was in the 1946 classic "It's A Wonderful Life." Had a bit part, he was the man…"
Oct 15

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service