iMayberry Community

Hey Mayberry,

I need your help.  I'm thinking about doing a series of Mayberry Bible Study episodes based on the Fruits of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23                     Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What I'm looking for is examples (as many as possible) of people on The Andy Griffith Show demonstrating these attributes.  I would like your help in identifying exact moments in episodes where you believe a particular attribute is demonstrated.

I need to know:

• Episode Name
  • Quote & who said it
  • When they said it (how many minutes into the show or at least a good description of when the quote happens)
  • What attribute is being demonstrated

I'll go out and grab the audio based on your suggestions and incorporate the sound bite into the Bible study.  If this works out, we can have an additional 9 episodes of the Mayberry Bible study and they will be slightly different in format to the current lessons.

It might also be interesting to see examples of when folks were demonstrating the opposite of these attributes.

With your help, I think we can develop a good series of lessons that may explain what "the spirit of Mayberry" really is.  The black & white episode vs color...what changed in the spirit of the show.  What attributes changed...etc.

I look forward to hearing from you if you're willing to help.

--Allan

Views: 142

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Allan, I believe I have ideas for this and I'm going to try to get them organized over this weekend. :D I really appreciate your Bible Study Podcasts. ;-]

Hello Allen, I know this was posted awhile ago, so I hope it's not to late, but I believe an episode that truly embraces the "Fruit of the Spirit" is "Back To Nature" where Barney and Gomer get lost in the woods looking for Opie. Andy and Gomer let Barney save face by letting Barney think he started a fire, caught a pheasant for dinner and then led Gomer back to camp. It's really a great thing is how Andy thinks ahead about how Barney will feel when they get back to camp and the boys will know Barney was lost and the laugh's on him. Andy tells Gomer: "You know what you just said? About the laugh being on Barney? The Laugh would be on Barney, and I'm afraid it would be the kind of laugh that would hurt him pretty bad. I'd hate to see that wouldn't you?" This quote starts at about 17:58 into the show. In this episode, Andy and Gomer show patience, kindness, compassion and goodness. 

Hey Allan
I think I have an idea
Season 1 Episode 28 "Andy Forcloses"

Example: Covet
Ol' Ben Weaver storms into the office stands in front of Andy and begins to demand that Andy write up a foreclosure notice.
When Andy wants to know why ol' Ben says he wants a really nice couple to move out and Forclose.
So when Ben pressures Andy to do his job Andy goes to see Mr Scoby.
I could think of several more examples but I might need some help.
Thanks!!!
Hey Allan thanks so much for these Mayberry Bible Study Podcasts
They are SO peaceful and thoughtful for the world we live in today!!!
Keep 'em comin
Thanks Chris Millican
Oh Allan that's a great idea I say go ahead and do it Sounds like fun

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Profile IconJohnna Buntin and Todd Jones joined iMayberry Community
13 hours ago
MarkoFifo replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"He played a great part, as always! I'll have to look at some of his other old movies, but…"
15 hours ago
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney's Theories - List them here!
"Barney was certain he could get the bank robber of a quarter of a million to come to him by…"
18 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney's Theories - List them here!
"You gotta admit though that was a brave thing Barney did.   Heck, he didn't know that was…"
19 hours ago
Franklin Dickerson replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"Yeah, I never understood why they would want to move the back door on the kitchen set. I guess…"
19 hours ago
guitarplayer replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"dave browne..... swiping gum balls for opie"
yesterday
Susan Plesha replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Cousin Ollie said that.  Frankly, I never liked the guy."
yesterday
Susan Plesha replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"You are right!  The episode with Howard bowling a perfect game definitely shows a lot of…"
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Susan Plesha's discussion Curious...Curious...
"The door and window seemed to move around, too."
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Barney's Theories - List them here!
"Ayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! You got Andy!"
yesterday
"No, you're right...But i bet Floyd was mouthing the words..."
yesterday
"I think it was Howard Sprague on the engagement episode with Millie! Who said: Tuscarora! ...and…"
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service