iMayberry Community

I think Andy, Hal Smith and (I'm guessing) Jack Prince were Christians. Do we know of any others?

Views: 2347

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting question.  A Christian Mayberry friend who has had conversations with Betty Lynn thinks she probably is, but I don't know if Miss Lynn has outright said so.

Betty is Catholic and attends Mass regularly.  She even tries to attend on weekends went we have Mayberry events around the country.  So, I'd agree that she is a Christian.

I wouldn't want to attempt to guess at who is and who is not a Christian among the cast but I Keith Thibodeaux (Johnny Paul Jason) is certainly a professing Christian. 

You already mentioned Andy Griffith and Hal Smith. I agree that both are Christian men.  I was also told that Don Knotts was a Christian and I pray that is a factual statement but I didn't hear it directly from Mr. Knotts so it is second hand.

I'm not going to venture to guess on others that I believe may be Christian but I will say we should pray for them all and not forget to pray for those in our daily life as well. 

Yes, I didn't mean to suggest that we speculate who is or who is not a Christian. I was wondering if any of them had actually expressed faith, themselves.

Oh, yes, Allan, I forgot all about Keith Thibodeaux, since I was thinking more of the main cast members, but I did already know that he is a Christian.

On a related note, my daughter and I (along with our homeschool field trip group) attended a performance of Keith and Kathy Thibodeaux's Ballet Magnificat a couple years ago.  It was a ballet version of The Hiding Place (the book by Corrie Ten Boom) and was very professionally done and very enjoyable.  Anyone who has the opportunity to see a production by Ballet Magnificat should do so!

I'd love to attend Mass with Betty Lynn. I'm betting she has a lovely singing voice when the choir sings

Marie

How about Jim Nabors ?

Yes, I would assume Jim Nabors to be a Christian based upon the Christian 2-disc CD set he recorded several years ago.  The comments he made in the insert of the CD, while not explicitly stating that he is a Christian, certainly implied that.  The songs are explicitly Christian, so I don't know why a non-believer would want to record them.  It's called "When He Spoke," and if you happen to come across it, I would recommend it.  It was released in 1999, and Jim's voice was as good as when he was in his prime.  He did a combination of old-time favorites and contemporary songs.  I found my copy new on eBay.

Jom Nabor's is now married to a man.

You think either George Lindsey or Howard McNear were Christians? I mean they seem like that type. And to prove so Floyd has "And I've got the magazines to swing it!"

I don't know about Howard McNear.  As to George Lindsey, I read his autobiography, and I don't recall him addressing that issue.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Luther Heggs replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
""Ain't you got a jack?""
4 hours ago
Thelscuz replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Andy to Opie after the baby birds have flown away:  "...But don't the trees seem…"
4 hours ago
keith orth is now a member of iMayberry Community
6 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Lol.....I love it!"
Monday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Boy, giraffes are selfish."
Monday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Yes, that’s him. I imagine Ernest T. may have chucked a rock or two through Jelsic’s…"
Monday
ColHarV posted a discussion

Favorite One-Liners

What is your FAVORITE “one liner” from the episodes?(Just leave one at a time please, to allow…See More
Sunday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"I’m not sure this fits here exactly, but I have a trivia question, based on a few lines from…"
Saturday
Larry Grainger replied to Larry Grainger's discussion Mayberry Christmas 2017
"We are three weeks away. Get your tickets now!"
Saturday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Last night, while watching the episode “The Loaded Goat,” I noticed something for the…"
Saturday
Donna Calloway is now a member of iMayberry Community
Nov 17
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Barney’s judo teacher, I believe."
Nov 16

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service