Andy Griffith's Food Co.

I've been searching for years for a picture of one of Andy Griffith's restaurants and this photo from a newspaper advertisement is all I've been able to locate. Started in 1972, the chain specialized in fried chicken and barbecue and eventually had seven locations in North and South Carolina but by 1975, all had been closed. The retail food products division was also unsuccessful.

7865636055?profile=RESIZE_710x

7865476471?profile=RESIZE_710x

7865481475?profile=RESIZE_710x

7865487270?profile=RESIZE_584x

7865617888?profile=RESIZE_400x

7865698299?profile=RESIZE_584x 

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wondered if he also served up "Barbecue, Robinhood style".

• MEAT!!!!!

• I would expect that The Darlings would take normal safe-gaurds for eating in a strange place and they would be in the kitchen to watch them cook their meal.  But at the same time I wouldn't put it passed them to holler Taters!  too once they were all sitting down to eat. 

• I heard they were real nice places, great atmosphere.  They had a gypsy violinist.  He'd stand right over your table and play 6 or 8 songs.  Of course you got to slip him a quarter.  They work on tips.  One thing about gypsies, though....they're moody.

• He might have done better if he used Miss Peggy’s recipe, and called it “Chicken With Crust”.

• That Chicken with Crust, I would order some of that!   But if I went in there and got a booth I would keep an eye out for  the Fun Girls. They can really latch-on to ya. Hard to shake off. 

• Get them girls outta here!

• Well I'll tell ya one thing, if I went into Andy's restaurant I would be awful suspicious if he was trying to give away any free pickles. 

• I would also be wary of his "Buy 2 get the 3rd spaghetti dinner free" offer!

• Brett Favre's Steakhouse closed two years ago. They just demolished it this last summer.

This reply was deleted.