iMayberry Community

Just living in Mayberry seems like it would have been fun.  But its citizens had many leisure-time activities, hobbies, and various pursuits they turned to for fun.  Let's name the person and what he or she did for fun:

Goober loved to read comic books.  He apparently developed this passion early on. When Barney was trying to clear up the old case (A Punch In The Nose), they found out that Goober, as a little boy, was reading a comic book at the time of the punch in the nose.  He didn't witness anything!

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going to the duck pond.

Why go at nighttime, you can't see the ducks?

Andy enjoyed reading the Geographics along with potting petunias.

Barney loved to read.  "True Detective," and the Sunday supplement were favorites.

Barney and Mrs. Mendlebright liked to sit on the porch, drink cider and count cars.

Barney and Thelma Lou liked to eat cashew fudge and watch that doctor show on TV.

Barney and Eleanor Poultice liked to work on Barney's singing.

Come to think of it, Barney contributed to a lot of fun in Mayberry.

He was a knitter, too.

Crochet too.

I think Floyd like to mix up his shaving cream lather, by hand in a shaving mug (as opposed to one of those automatic shaving cream dispensers where the shaving cream just oozes out).  Clep, Clep, Clep.  Music to his ears.

Floyd also likes candy lollipops and cigars, when they are given to him by Barney. 

Aunt Bee loved gardening, singing in the choir, pounding out bouncey tunes on the piano and flying airplanes.

With the proper training and equipment, Howard would do, you name it....bowling, fishing, or dancing to those Latin rhythms.

Mrs. Wiley liked to entertain.

He even went camping, bicycling and sky diving in those color episodes. He was pretty much the macho man's man.

Myra Kontz did something (I hope for fun) that got the whole town talking. 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike posted a discussion

Crossword Time! C R U M P

Please only give one answer per post. …See More
1 hour ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Good action shot there George. Way to keep the dream alive."
8 hours ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I saw Jubil Foster playing in a Hitchcock episode.  He was a main character. In case you…"
8 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Lol....he was!"
12 hours ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Was he sober?"
14 hours ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"We saw Briscoe in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," last week!  Handsome and…"
14 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and…"
yesterday
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Tom even did a little shopping @ Bert's!  (Rare Nickle beat me to it, but I thunk…"
yesterday
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I watched an old Sterling Hayden movie called "Johnny Guitar" over the weekend.  Ben…"
yesterday
Jerry Eads liked Allan "Floyd" Newsome's profile
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Makes you thank!"
yesterday
"Little old ladies out never to clank."
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service