iMayberry Community

I always try to be the first to guess the name of the episode as soon as possible after the show starts. 

So lets put in pictures of "Opening Scenes" of episodes and see who can guess the name of the episode the quickest. 

Later on, we'll put in mid-episode scenes and then epilogue scenes.  Here are two to get you started. 

Views: 1543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is the same actor, but in this episode they are Naylor and Maudie.

"Maudie, Maudie, Maudie"

The major point of contention here is that Maudie only serves hogback. But then Naylor does not show up to eat it for many hours, resulting in the hogback going cold. The situation is further aggravated when Maudie throws a chicken at Naylor.

Don't know about Jenny, but Fred was played by Jesse White (IIRC of Maytag repairman fame).

You are right! It was a different actor. The Maytag man. Thanks for "repairing" my reply George!

It's been nearly three years since anyone replied to this thread, so....

...for which episode is this the opening scene?

This is NOT an opening scene - Barney, Andy & Ellie discussing the cannon sale!  (Twas my first thought!)

Oh, wait!  Your post about the "red '56 Mercedes-Benz 190SL convertible with "all kinds of knobs and leather upholstery" actually gave it away - "Hey Barney, guess who's comin' to town?" (And can't believe this thread is that old!)

You got it! "The Guitar Player Returns" -- good ol' Sheriff Roscoe Purvis Coltrane himself, a.k.a. James Best!

Name the episode.

"That's the O'Malley place.  He made his fortune through Jensens' Orthopedic Shoes."  The episode is "Convicts at Large," which is Howard McNear's last episode before he suffered his stroke, and in my opinion, his best episode of the entire series.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"He was a joke cracker."
22 hours ago
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"It was Bobby Fleet who remarked how if there was a beauty contest in Mayberry, no one would win."
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Not sure where this belongs but I was watching an early episode of My Three Sons called The Blind…"
yesterday
Dud replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Try here: Youtube Video"
Tuesday
Cornelia Shields is now a member of iMayberry Community
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Here are two pictures of Sheldon Leonard. One of them shows him as the bartender in that movie."
Monday
"Yes, Burt was the cop, played by Ward Bond (Wagon Train), but you have Leonard nailed, cha-ching…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Wow I didn’t know that about them being n A Wonderful Life. I have the DVD, gonna have to…"
Monday
"He was in the 1946 classic "It's A Wonderful Life." Had a bit part, he was the man…"
Monday
Franklin Dickerson replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"Just watching TCM and I thought I saw Mayor Pike , or the actor -  Dick Elliott, in a movie so…"
Monday
Shorty Cox replied to Gary W. Burg's discussion Okay, Which Is It ---Pike or Stoner ?
"This is a difficult.  Both brought so much to Mayberry.  S-T-O-N-E-R, was good at…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to Roger Worley's discussion Opie's mom?
"Yes,  Andy tells Opie his Ma died, we don't know if it was illness or just being stepped…"
Sunday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service