iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 19102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have always wondered if Aunt Bea had to use a throat spray after talking in that 2nd octave voice!

It could be her voice is just more bell-like than we're accustomed to.

In "The Big House", in "Doc's" first escape, he does not wear his jacket. In his second escape, he puts it on before using the conveniently placed key on the peg, outside the door, to escape. Was there a sudden change in weather?

Did anyone notice that sheriff Taylor and his most capable deputy Barney Fice were breaking the Green River ordnance going door to door trying to sell a cannon.
I see Two Chairs No Waiting is featuring Jeff Pruitt Takes a Wife. In that episode, as Andy and Thelma Lou discuss “citi-fying” Jeff, Andy is cracking and eating nuts out of a bowl. The thing is, he discards the shells back in the bowl. It always kind of bothered me that Andy did that. Are there any thoughts on that? Is that acceptable?

Have not worked one of those nutcrackers in perhaps 30 or 40 years! So I forgot. But I remember as a kid, bowls of nuts with a nutcracker on a table were quite common. My Aunt Emma had one.  I would guess that I did not put the shells back in the bowl. 

When Andy and Barney are looking through their old yearbook, The Cutlass, they are looking at Barney’s picture and Andy is reading his profile. Then they move forward in the book and come across Ramona Wiley. When Barney mentions Sharon Despain, Andy turn the pages but instead of going backward, as she would be in alphabetical order...he moves “forward” several pages again to find her, instead if backwards. It can’t be that she was in a younger class...why else would she be attending the Class Reunion of 1945?

That's some mighty fine notic'n Colonel! 

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Barney’s judo teacher, I believe."
yesterday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"That’s always one of my favorite exchanges. Andy = “I’m all ears.” Barney…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Proof!!!!"
Wednesday
"Yes Sir! That Frank sure is smart, as Goober would say. Despite Helen's denials, her and Frank…"
Tuesday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion never saw that ending
"Money grubbing spinsters they are!"
Monday
Dud replied to SWFLguy's discussion never saw that ending
"If you subscribe to Netflix you get the whole show (all 28 mins.) with the missing segments that…"
Monday
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Frank Smith from "Andy's Rival" ?"
Monday
"Another hint: Possibly the most educated man to visit Mayberry!"
Monday
"That's a good guess Larry, but that is not the person. I am sure a Roger had that on his mind…"
Saturday
Larry Grainger replied to ColHarV's discussion FUN with the LINES from the SHOW
"Mayor Pike, I’m wondering if it wasn’t Roger Bryant, the book publisher, on Helen the…"
Saturday
"And it was a color episode."
Saturday
"Who said to Helen: "We've got a lot of work to do!"  hint: it was not…"
Nov 11

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service