iMayberry Community

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

Views: 21991

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ep:  Man in a Hurry...and...My Fair Ernest T. Bass

At the4 scene where Mr. Tucker and Andy go see Wally on his front porch about getting his car fixed on Sunday...and where Ernest T. and "Romeena" Ancrum run around the yard and leap-frog over the log...check it out.  Same log.  Same house.  I guess Wally lived right near Mrs. Wiley.

These are great, aren't they?  Mason, you have a very good point about the "vanishing" dividend checks.  Those investors were earning excellent dividends on their investments.  Seems like we should have seen some high livin' instead of all the frugal actions and comments we got from many of them.  As you so wisely pointed out--especially Barn.

As to the magical "lamp-turning-into-globe," Keevy.  Hate to say this, but I'm wondering if Otis, being gassed, could have thrown out his arm and broken the lamp?  Maybe that was why Aunt Bee  was loaded for bear!  Possibly she substituted a less-likely-to-be-broken globe in place of her fragile gee-gaws?

As to the log, Col., I'm thinking there's a type of tree, unique to the Mayberry area, called "The Leaning Tree."  These trees grow in profusion and are greatly valued by their owners, as their stumps make great scenery when viewed from the front porch area, and they're the best ever for leap-frogging.

If you don't believe me,

Ask Ernest T!

I read in an interview with Jackie "Sweet Romeena" Joseph, that during the first take of the leapfrog scene, her dress caught on the stump and pulled her back against it, injuring her back.

Always interesting to know the "back stories." Thanks Keevy.
I'm gonna ask her about that when I see her at Mayberry Days agin...a cool conversation starter.
It is true. I heard her say that at Mayberry Days before and she also mentioned it on one of the Mayberry Cruises. Also, that house with the stump is next door to Andy's house...which is next door to Mrs. Wiley's house/Mayor Stoner's house/Reverend Tucker's house/The Old Rimshaw house, and was also Aunt Pittypat's house in Gone with the Wind.

That's the house immediately to the left of Andy's house. You can see it when Otis is trying to escape from Aunt Bee, the warden.

You mean "Bloddy Mary!"

there is no pillar just left of the log in the bottom scene

Ep: Guest of Honor

Just noticed this watching this episode, but it shows up in different places...but The mail slot in the courthouse doors disappears from the earlier episodes.

Regarding the mail slot, I never noticed there was one until the postmaster refused to hand over the mail to Andy or Barney...it had to go through the slot...an official federal receptacle.

Here's a good one that must be a case of using the reverse side of the film or something.  Andy parts his hair on his left side.

When he brings Opie up for a little talk in his bed in Season 1,"Bringing Up Opie," Andy enters Opie's bedroom and his hair is as usual, parted on his left; however, when the focus is on Andy as he talks to Opie, his hair is parted on the right, and he is looking slightly to the right as if he's looking beside Opie's bed instead of at Opie lying in the bed.  Very curious.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Floyd's Second Chair replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Is the line about Gomer...when Andy saved his life?"
15 hours ago
Dr. Pendyke replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Saw Hal Smith on an episode of Peter Gunn. He played the night clerk at a fleabag hotel.…"
23 hours ago
Ralph Henderson replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Uncle Ollie! Here's an easy one: “Well that’s just about the silliest…"
yesterday
"No, not Malcolm either. It's from Season 4."
yesterday
c m smyrl left a comment for ColHarV
"Thank You  "
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"For the bonus....Malcolm?"
Monday
Dud replied to Bernie Fife's discussion Say two words?
"Kerosene Cucumbers"
Monday
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion WHO said that?
"Otis, for sure. Who said “I taught him everything he knows!”"
Monday
Timothy G. liked UT Pendike's discussion TV Land RIP-OFF
Monday
"Here's a good one: "I woulda been here earlier, but I fell in with some evil…"
Sunday
Ralph Henderson replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Here's a good one: "I woulda been here earlier, but I fell in with some evil…"
Sunday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Our choir director and part-time hotel clerk John Masters (aka Olan Soule) can be found in…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service