iMayberry Community

Hello everyone,

I'd like to invite you all to check out and "like" my Facebook page. The purpose of this page is to inform (those interested) of my Mayberry character sightings in other classic sitcoms. My first post is about Reta Shaw, known to us TAGS fans as "Big Maude Tyler". Enjoy and feedback is always appreciated. 

Click to read my first post.

Views: 275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I often check IMDb.com to find how very many different places our Mayberry friends show up. Just saw a Bonanza episode with Helen Crump and the proprietor of "Howard's New Life".

Recently got Hulu+ and while (THOROUGHLY) enjoying an episode of "Route 66", Otis (again playing a drunk) figured prominently in the story. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0690501/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_237

The old westerns is a great place for Mayberry character sightings!

l meant to come back and update this - a day or two later I saw Miss Peggy as a love interest for Richard Long (aka "Jared Barkley") on "Nanny and the Professor".

Today I was watching The Creature From the Black Lagoon, 1954,  on TCM and Mary the county Nurse was playing a major roll. I think the monster wanted to get her; and I don't blame him a bit. I think her name is Julie Adams.  I think somebody spilled some pretty all over that woman.

One to watch closely is The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951). There are at least four future TAGS people in it.....Frances Bavier, Hugh Marlowe (the record producer), Roy Engel (various town roles) and Dorothy Neumann (Otis's wife Rita). Are there more? If you watch it, have your tweezers handy, to see if you can pick out more.
I will have to watch that again for sure. One of my all time favorite sci fi movies.

Lots of TAGS folks in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken."

Yep, Elleanora Poltice was there rooting for Luther Heggs.  In The Reluctant Astronaut Emmit was one of Roy Flemings Dad's friends, and Gilly Walker was in 1953 The War of the Worlds.

Frances Bavier is also in the very first episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" Oct. 2nd 1955.  She has a bit part at the beginning of the episode.

I saw Suzan Oliver; Prisoner of Love,  on Star Trek.  She was a green dancing girl.

I noticed latley that the Dick Van Dyke show is loaded with folkes from TAGS.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike posted a discussion

Crossword Time! C R U M P

Please only give one answer per post. …See More
1 hour ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Good action shot there George. Way to keep the dream alive."
8 hours ago
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I saw Jubil Foster playing in a Hitchcock episode.  He was a main character. In case you…"
8 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Lol....he was!"
12 hours ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Was he sober?"
14 hours ago
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"We saw Briscoe in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," last week!  Handsome and…"
14 hours ago
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and…"
yesterday
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Tom even did a little shopping @ Bert's!  (Rare Nickle beat me to it, but I thunk…"
yesterday
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I watched an old Sterling Hayden movie called "Johnny Guitar" over the weekend.  Ben…"
yesterday
Jerry Eads liked Allan "Floyd" Newsome's profile
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Makes you thank!"
yesterday
"Little old ladies out never to clank."
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service