iMayberry Community

Have you seen this man?

Something Steve L. posted the other day gave me an idea.  This guy appears in almost every episode of TAGS.  He plays everything from a bystander to a construction worker.  In some episodes he is a member of the choir.  In others he just walks through the scene.  Sometimes he is just a face in the crowd.  You have to really look close to spot him but the more you look for him, the more he appears.  How about we play Spot Tom and see just how many times he shows up and what his role is each time. 

I spotted Tom in 'Aunt Bee the Warden'.  He was the guy who brought Otis the ladder so he could climb down from the roof and escape from 'The Rock' aka Aunt Bee's prison.  Of course she was waiting for him at the bottom.

Good luck!

Views: 5266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i only mention it because its an episode where Tom spoke, i thought that was what we were doing...

Just noticed this on a behind the scene photo. In second photo, look who has his own chair!

You get the Mayberry Spot Tom Award for that one Dave! 

Awesome find Dave.  I think Andy is upset cause he doesn't have a chair with his name on it.

What do you all think of this one:  In "Barney Runs for Sheriff", a group of citizens are meeting in Andy's living room about having Andy as a write-in candidate, after his new career ends before it starts.  I watched this carefully, and am wondering if some of the men in the room aren't more of Danny Thomas's brothers.  Several of them look like Tom Jacobs to me.  I read somewhere that Danny had several brothers.  I can't find a complete cast list for this episode anywhere, which doesn't surprise me, since Tom Jacobs' name oftentimes isn't listed in the episodes where he appears.  I'm interested in your take on this episode.

Okay Mayberry fans... I found a new Tom sighting and yes, I did go through and read every reply to this thread to make sure it hasn't been mentioned. 

In S1:E29 'Quiet Sam', we mentioned Tom at the beginning of the episode, walking back and forth through the scene. Well, if you watch the very last scene, where everyone is in Sam's yard singing and dancing, Mr. Tom can be spotted way in the back dancing a jig with that woman friend of his (and he obviously can't dance. Probably why he's in the back). Then he's seen walking up to the porch after the music stops.

Here we are, almost five years later and this guy is still cropping up. 

Multiple sightings in same episode?

Looks like. Shazam.

Was just watching an old movie with “Tom”, mr. Schwump, and Juanita, all in the same scene.  Just kidding.

I couldn’t scan the entire thread, but I noticed (for the first time) Tom crossing the street with some of Bert Miller’s merchandise under his arm in “Merchant in Mayberry.”  That one had escaped me. 

Spotted him in an ep of Dick Van Dyke the other night.

Keevy, what happened to the pic of Danny Thomas's personal masseuse?  I'd be interested in seeing who that was.

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Millie did have a wild streak in her. Remember how, when briefly engaged to Howard, wanted to spend…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Here’s a TAGS character cropping up in a strange place....Howard’s girlfriend Millie…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"That would be cooler than chicken dressed in a tuxedo!"
Monday
Loaded Goat replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"I know the old Adventures of Superman with George Reeves used Mayberry. Also episodes of Batman and…"
Monday
Loaded Goat replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Now that is funny."
Monday
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And the shift lever on the steering column."
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyNp_oS1KU If it works, here is a link.  "
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Wow, nice find Dave Cline!!! I never noticed that before, but clearly that was not the real Barney…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That wasn't too unusual in the days when almost every car had a bench seat, Dave.  Way…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In "Ride Beyond Vengeance" a movie staring Chuck Connors and James MacArthur (among…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service