iMayberry Community

Have you seen this man?

Something Steve L. posted the other day gave me an idea.  This guy appears in almost every episode of TAGS.  He plays everything from a bystander to a construction worker.  In some episodes he is a member of the choir.  In others he just walks through the scene.  Sometimes he is just a face in the crowd.  You have to really look close to spot him but the more you look for him, the more he appears.  How about we play Spot Tom and see just how many times he shows up and what his role is each time. 

I spotted Tom in 'Aunt Bee the Warden'.  He was the guy who brought Otis the ladder so he could climb down from the roof and escape from 'The Rock' aka Aunt Bee's prison.  Of course she was waiting for him at the bottom.

Good luck!

Views: 4940

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i only mention it because its an episode where Tom spoke, i thought that was what we were doing...

Just noticed this on a behind the scene photo. In second photo, look who has his own chair!

You get the Mayberry Spot Tom Award for that one Dave! 

Awesome find Dave.  I think Andy is upset cause he doesn't have a chair with his name on it.

What do you all think of this one:  In "Barney Runs for Sheriff", a group of citizens are meeting in Andy's living room about having Andy as a write-in candidate, after his new career ends before it starts.  I watched this carefully, and am wondering if some of the men in the room aren't more of Danny Thomas's brothers.  Several of them look like Tom Jacobs to me.  I read somewhere that Danny had several brothers.  I can't find a complete cast list for this episode anywhere, which doesn't surprise me, since Tom Jacobs' name oftentimes isn't listed in the episodes where he appears.  I'm interested in your take on this episode.

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Shoplifting, huh?  I’m thinking he was maybe swiping tomatoes or peaches?"
Thursday
George's TV Repair replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
""Steve Quincy said he didn't have to come!"And we see where he ended up, busted for…"
Wednesday
Profile IconJason and Carol Hunter joined iMayberry Community
Tuesday
Dud replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
""Let's go down to the old folks home and take the bolts out of the wheelchairs... Maybe…"
Monday
George's TV Repair replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Caution, user should wear gloves!"
Dec 9
Bernie Fife replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Opie:  “Yeah, Paw....ain’t it a beaut?”"
Dec 8
Mayor Pike replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
"Newton Monroe: "I'm ept! ""
Dec 6
Dave Cline replied to ColHarV's discussion Favorite One-Liners
""Andy that's no vacation, what you otto do is get your blue suit cleaned, pack your…"
Dec 4
Olan Soule replied to Luther Heggs's discussion Jim Nabors has passed
" I just discovered this site so I'm not familiar with the protocol but for what it's…"
Dec 2
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Luther Heggs's discussion Jim Nabors has passed
"Oh that picture speaks a thousand words.  One of the very funniest episodes.   Jim…"
Dec 1
Harry Bectoris replied to Luther Heggs's discussion Jim Nabors has passed
"RIP"
Dec 1
Shorty Cox replied to Luther Heggs's discussion Jim Nabors has passed
"Sha-zam  R.I.P.  Gomer  "
Nov 30

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service