iMayberry Community

Hello everybody! Been quite some time since I posted; hope everybody is doing well. Just wanted to share a Mr. Schwump sighting I came across on the 'Gomer Pyle USMC' ep, 'Beautiful Dreamer,' from season 4. That makes 3 Gomer eps he's been spotted in. The others are, 'One of Our Shells Is Missing' and 'Gomer, the Welsh Rarebit Fiend.' I noticed on the Mayberry Historical Society's character web page they have him listed as appearing in another ep, 'Supply Sergeants Never Die' but this is an error; I've been over the ep with as fine a comb as you can imagine and he's nowhere to be found. Some of you may recognize the man in the glasses as appearing in a later TAGS ep as well.

All the best to everyone-10-4 and out.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These 2 photos are from another Andy Griffith Show site. They were posted by Kevin Grant, so thanks to him for the find.

This first photo is Mr. Schwump as an extra in the movie Christmas in Connecticut from 1946.

The second he is seen in the the 1946 Three Stooges "Swing Parade"

I knew about the "Christmas In Conn.' sighting but never heard about his Stooge movie appearance. What a find that was!

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Bernie Fife replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Crossword Time! C R U M P
"7 across.......stockings"
52 minutes ago
Dave Cline replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Crossword Time! C R U M P
"11 Across: HISTORY"
4 hours ago
Michael replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Crossword Time! C R U M P
"1 down:  FRANK"
5 hours ago
Dud replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Crossword Time! C R U M P
"10 Across is CAVE"
6 hours ago
Michael replied to Mayor Pike's discussion Crossword Time! C R U M P
"12 across:  TOTS"
7 hours ago
Mayor Pike posted a discussion

Crossword Time! C R U M P

Please only give one answer per post. …See More
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion New Game - Spot Tom
"Good action shot there George. Way to keep the dream alive."
yesterday
Dud replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I saw Jubil Foster playing in a Hitchcock episode.  He was a main character. In case you…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Lol....he was!"
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Was he sober?"
yesterday
Mrs. Mendlebright replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"We saw Briscoe in, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," last week!  Handsome and…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"I was flipping channels the other day and came across an episode of Tombstone Territory. Lo and…"
Tuesday

© 2017   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service