iMayberry Community

My daughter is watching Andy right now and asked about what happened to Opie's mom. I told her I did not know. Does anyone know?

Views: 683

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems to me I remember some illusion to the fact that she died, but I don't know how old Opie was when that was suppose to have happened.

Here is the best answer to this question.

http://www.tagsrwc.com/faq/index.php?cat=2

Thanks. Its really neat to have somewhere to turn for TAGS trivia

I think it's kind of odd that both Andy's wife and mother died. Aunt Bee raised Andy, too. Maybe the writers did that as a sort of "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" or credential for Aunt Bee.

In the pilot episode of TAGS on "Make Room for Daddy" (Danny Thomas Show), Opie's turtle gets stepped on and dies. That's when Andy told him that his Ma died when he was a baby. Opie replies, "Who stepped on her?"

Thats the first time we hear of Opie's mom dying. I'm sure it's mentioned on the show again but I can't remember which episode.

I always thought they said she "got sick and died".  I believe that, one time, Opie said he "(didn't) have no Maw".

Actually, Thelscuz, Opie told Ellie "Ain't got no maw" in "Ellie Comes to Town", Season 1, Episode 4.  Never heard or saw where his maw got sick and died though, if you can pinpoint that one, I'd sure like to know where to see it/download it.  Let me know, ok?  Thanks!

I've watched Andy since day one, and never saw the Danny Thomas Show episode where Andy tells Opie about losing his maw.  Thanks for pointing that out, it tugs on one's heartstrings.

Try here: Youtube Video

Yes,  Andy tells Opie his Ma died, we don't know if it was illness or just being stepped on my Mrs. Boliver.

We do know Mrs. Boliver got a fair trial before a hanging.   

RSS

Members

Birthdays

Latest Activity

Mayor Pike replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Millie did have a wild streak in her. Remember how, when briefly engaged to Howard, wanted to spend…"
yesterday
Bernie Fife replied to Dud's discussion TAGS stars found in other productions...
"Here’s a TAGS character cropping up in a strange place....Howard’s girlfriend Millie…"
yesterday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"That would be cooler than chicken dressed in a tuxedo!"
yesterday
Loaded Goat replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"I know the old Adventures of Superman with George Reeves used Mayberry. Also episodes of Batman and…"
yesterday
Loaded Goat replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Now that is funny."
yesterday
Gary W. Burg replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"And the shift lever on the steering column."
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyNp_oS1KU If it works, here is a link.  "
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
Sunday
Mayor Pike replied to John Lane's discussion Floyd's Stunt Doubles in Goober's Contest
"Wow, nice find Dave Cline!!! I never noticed that before, but clearly that was not the real Barney…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"That wasn't too unusual in the days when almost every car had a bench seat, Dave.  Way…"
Sunday
Jubal Foster replied to ColHarV's discussion Have YOU ever NOTICED?
"Agreed, Wilson.  I enjoyed this conversation at first, but I honestly hate to pick apart my…"
Sunday
Shorty Cox replied to mayberryfan's discussion Mayberry Elsewhere
"In "Ride Beyond Vengeance" a movie staring Chuck Connors and James MacArthur (among…"
Saturday

© 2018   Created by Allan "Floyd" Newsome.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service