The Boys

I just picked up this book from the library and I’m looking forward to reading it.  The reviews are ver good.  Anyone read it yet?

9749341282?profile=RESIZE_400x

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I read it and it's really good.   I ended up getting the audio book that has Ron and Clint reading the book.  I loved it.  Don't tell Mrs. Weaver that I didn't by the book from Weaver's...I'll be in trouble. :)  She's reading the "real" book that she DID get at Weaver's.  That link will take you right to it. 

The Boys A Memoir of Hollywood and Family
    Now Available!!   The Boys: The Happy Days, The Andy Griffith Show, Gentle Ben - these shows captivated millions of TV viewers in the 60's & 70's…
  • I just finished.  It’s an enjoyable book all the way through, as Ron and Clint take the reader through their growing up years, and their mostly happy family dynamic.  There isn’t a huge amount of TAGS talk, but there’s enough other good stuff to make up for that.

• I’m about 1/3 through, and enjoying it a lot.  It’s fun to read, with some interesting details, like Ron having his hair dyed extra red for his Music Man role.  My favorite detail so far though is that because of the hot lights used during TAGS filming, frozen desserts were not used.  Instead, cones were filled with “cold, lumpy mashed potatoes”.  

• I haven’t read it but saw a few TV interviews with Ron and Clint.  Sounds like one I want to read.  Seems they were pretty down to earth for one of them Hollyweird families.

This reply was deleted.