Replies

• That was my thought too, Punch in the Nose, but I checked and if it’s in there it snuck by me. I think it’s one of those times that Andy Griffith used to call a ‘filler’ It’s like when they need something to put in there so the show is the proper length of time.  I think that’s how Barney ended up on the front porch talking about buying his folkes a septic tank for their anniversary.  The actors would throw stuff together and ad lib  things when they needed to.  I could be way off with the ice cream/shaving cream bit though.  But that’s what I’m suspecting.  And I’ll be dogged if I can recall what episode it is.  I’m stumped. 

• Bookie Barber, maybe?  I just remember the story being told to a stranger.

• What COLOR episode did I just watch?

3799963811?profile=original

• If that’s to be read as steak-out, there was a stakeout in A Visit To Barney Fife.  

• Yep, you got "smart" here Bernie! A Visit To Barney Fife is the color episode in mind.

3818618093?profile=original

• Thanks, I’ll put it on my resume just in case I ever get invited to try out for the Esquire Club.  By the way, I thought Barney was at his most obtuse in that episode. 

• And remember: A high golf score is worse than a low one!

• Barney was nodding off in church because Andy had him out til 4:00 AM on a chicken stake out.  Man in a Hurry.   That's one that comes to mind.    I think it was Buzz Jenkins as the suspected chicken thief, and the Pastor was worried because that's where he was having supper that night; at Buzz's house. Looked like the Pastor had his work cut out for him on that one.

But Man in a Hurry is just a guess.  I'm fairly sure there are several other times when 'Stake-out' was mentioned. 

• "We could get pop and sandwiches and stuff!"

Who said this and what episode is it from?

• Sounds like something Andy would say but I haven't a clue on the ep.

This reply was deleted.