Hoyt Axton

On Monday 11-23-20 Kitty and I were traveling listening to Sirius Radio "60s on 6".  The morning DJ played a Hoyt Axton song.  After the song he mentioned what a fan of TAGS he was and that the evening before he had watched the episode where Hoyt Axton appeared.  I can not recall Hoyt Axton in any TAGS episode.  Does anyone know?  

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• IMDB (they're real, real good about this kind of thing) says Hoyt was never on TAGS.  Could be something misheard by Shorty or a mistake by the DJ.  Hoyt was on WKRP though, great episode.

• I believe he probably confused Hoyt with Jack ?Prince? (Rafe Hollister).

• Keevy's right, assuming he read my mind.  "He" being the DJ, NOT Shorty.  Shorty is too good've "noticer" to make that mistake.

• That makes sense.

• I always liked Hoyt, but if he was in TAGS, it must've been a color episode.  Seems like most of his appearances started mid to late 60's. 

To quote my grand-niece, "Fun fact": Do you know his connection to Three Dog Night?

• "I've never been to Spain, but, I've been to Oklahoma"

"They tell me I was born there, but, I really don't remember"

• Also, Steppenwolf's "Snowblind Friend"  

He also had a connection to Elvis.  Do you know the connection? 

• Jeremiah was a ...

Pusher!

Those are the first TDN & Steppenwolf songs I think of.  But I liked the songs he sang.

Elvis = Mom

• Another little fact about Hoyt,  his dad John was a very sucessful high school football coach.  Once went 8 years without losing a game.  Broken Bow, Ok 

Yes, his Mom wrote "Heartbreak Hotel"  

• Thought he was going to be on The Beverly Hillbillies yesterday as I was typing my response. The episode was about a boy from home coming to BH and he was a singer.  Hoyt had a similar arc on BH.

Turns out, it was "Keevy".  Jesse Pearson as Johnny Poke!

This reply was deleted.