Hey Folks,

I wanted to invite anyone who would like to make plans to visit Mt. Airy, NC the weekend of 19-21 (Friday-Sunday) July 2013.

My wife, Jan, and I are going to be heading to Mt. Airy for a weekend of Mayberry fun!

There's nothing "BIG" planned other than on  Friday the 19th Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) will greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 12:30-3:30 p.m (ET).  She will have autographed 8×10 photos available ($10). For info, visit the website at http://www.andygriffithmuseum.org/ or call (336) 786-1604.

I *DO* hope to set up some times for folks to get together and visit with one another during the weekend but I haven't set times yet for that.

I go to Mt. Airy every year for Mayberry Days but I'm always "working" by doing Floyd and never get to see any of the things around town and in the surrounding area.  I'd like to try and do a bit of that.  Maybe go to the old Mayberry Trading Post on the Blue Ridge Parkway and take photos at the "Mayberry Creek" sign up there. 

I'd also like to get together over at the Mayberry Motor Inn gazebo on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening (I have to check with Alma on this one) for some good visiting time..maybe some  pizza.....music (I will not sing, I will not sing).  Who knows....maybe we'll watch episodes of TAGS on the big screen! 

If you're interested, go ahead and make reservations. I think the Motor Inn may be full but if it is, there are other places to stay fairly nearby.

So far I've heard that Kenneth "Otis" Junkin is planning on being there along with a few other folks from here on the WBMUTBB Digest and listeners of the Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast.

If you're going to try and make it, please e-mail me directly (Floyd@iMayberry.com) so I can have some type of head count.

I hope you'll considering making the trip and we'll have our own small version of a Mayberry weekend in Mt. Airy.

Several folks have already signed up to meet up (about 15 so far) so it's going to be a great time in Mayberry!

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –