The Jim Nabors Show - 1978

Does anyone remember this show? It’s now on Amazon Prime video with 75 episodes. It looks like a Merv Griffin or Dinah Shore type a variety talk show. He does a pretty good job as the host. The most fascinating thing for me was seeing the episodes with his guests Don Knotts, (episode 34) and Ron Howard, (episode 73). Jim and Don discuss when they were shooting “Citizen Arrest “ from TAGS, and how Jim kept laughing during the scene when Barney is giving Gomer a ticket. Also, Jim talks to Ron about different episodes, including “Bargain Day” where they had a scene together when Opie was assisting Gomer fixing Aunt Bee’s freezer.  Ron had just directed “Grand Theft Auto”, and Jim was asking how he likes directing. Great to see these actors interact with each other in a candid way. 

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, I came across that on Amazon and have watched about half the episodes so far. It was a syndicated show that ran in '79 and '80. I really enjoy the interaction with the studio audience and it's nice seeing the celebrity guests from that era again. And Jim's 70s wardrobe is outrageous!

• I'm gonna go look for that. Thank's for the headsup! 

• Sounds like a neat show. I missed it. Was at college and wasn't watching much TV at all then.

This reply was deleted.