Wally's 1975

Desilu's 40 Acres back-lot in Culver City, CA where the Mayberry set was located was razed in 1976. An industrial park now occupies the site.

7811077478?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well that’s a sad lookin’ photo.  Who put up industrial park? I’m guessing either Ben Weaver or Mayor Stoner’ brother!

• If I was the bulldozer driver who was ordered to tear it down I would have quit my job and said "sorry pal, I just can't do it."    

You know this gives me an idea; I am sort of a mister-fixit and I build things and I do a lot of carpentry work on my own time.  Maybe I'll start building me some TAGS replicas in my back yard. 

• They let that go a bit! Here is a pic from what I assume to be the color era.

7821669081?profile=RESIZE_584x

• Love this pic!

• Got a facelift for an episode of 'Gomer Pyle USMC.'

7822686471?profile=RESIZE_930x

• And yes, that's Hubcap Lesch waitin' on the porch.  She had just stolen Gomer's wallet as he was going home, to coincidently, buy Wally's (with Goober)!

• That does look like Mrs Lesch standing there. She really could wack a guy with that umbrella. 

• If you look at Man in a Hurry and Lawman Barney you'll notice that Wally's station has an awning with a wooden porch out front and the double-door garage is on the other side of the station.  They must have used two different ones for some odd reason. 

• I noticed that the station was much smaller in the color era, as is shown in these pics. 

• That storage shed on the left apparently got moved around.  In the Great Filling Station robbery it was on the right as we looked at it.

This reply was deleted.