Have YOU ever NOTICED?

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In Se.5 Ep.10 When Barney hits Otis with a tomato, it appears the scene has been edited and perhaps was shot more than once. Watch Otis's shirt.

• In the episode, Ellie Comes to Town". Andy says his bill is $3.23, but he only rings up $3.21.

• Anyone know what an Uplifters dance is?  Andy uses the term in the episode "Irresistible Andy".  I looked it up but only found a reference to some fancy Uplifters Club, in LA.

• In the episode, "Rafe Hollister Sings," at the musicale, when Mrs. Dennis goes to sit down on the front row, from the rear of the room view, she is sitting by herself. But when we get the front of the room view, there is Mayor S-t-o-n-e-r and Mrs. Jeffries sitting with her. The scene changes several times and it is always the same - from the front, Mayor S-t-o-n-e-r and Mrs. Jeffries; from the rear, O lonesome Mrs. Dennis. Curious...curious...curious. 

• Good eye, I'm gonna have to go back and look at that, never noticed it before.

Here's one, Barney's ruffled-up hair keeps getting combed and then re-ruffled as they switch angles when he tries to recite the preamble in Opie's Illgotten Gain.

• I noticed something recently, that if I have noticed it in the past, I have forgotten.  In the episode "Opie's Rival", Peggy comes into the courthouse and finds Opie.  She reaches and gets a pencil and proceeds to write a note for Andy.  She folds the note and lays the pencil down beside the note.  When the scene changes (and Opie begins to walk his black tennis shoes across the desk), we see the note, but the pencil has mysteriously vanished!  Curious - curious - curious...

• Has anybody ever noticed the newspaper tear in the top of the paper Barney is reading in the episode, "The New Mayor?"  It made it easier to make the tear when Barney was startled by Mayor Stoner.  😂10902418492?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Yes, and in the scene just before that one, the newspaper isn't torn.

• In Three Wishes for Opie, Goober, Floyd and Barney are in the back room of the courthouse attempting to communicate with the Count when Barney says to Goober: "you know the procedure, if you will please."   

Goober reaches out of frame and turns off the light. Later I noticed that the light switch is way-over next to the door and Goober would have needed his arm to be about 8 feet long to reach it.

• Here's one you probably never noticed:  Barney uses the language "Smash, smash, smash" when he speaks of destroying a still with an ax. Carrie Nation, a famous women in the temperance movement used the words "smash, smash, smash" in a quote that I saw in a documentary. And she would sometimes use a hatchet to destroy bottles of liquor and was hence known as "Hatchet Granny". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie_Nation

Carrie Nation
    Caroline Amelia Nation (November 25, 1846 – June 9, 1911), often referred to by Carrie, Carry Nation, Carrie A. Nation, or Hatchet Granny, was a radi…
This reply was deleted.