Have YOU ever NOTICED?

OK...Let's find the stuff that may not be so obvious, and the ones that make you think, "Hey, I never noticed that before." and post them for all to now be able to notice.

Post the Episode and the thing you noticed.  See my first post as an example.

You need to be a member of iMayberry Community to add comments!

Join iMayberry Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gomer gave Goober his suitcase.  

• Just checked...Gomer also took it with him to the Marine base, when he joined up.  I guess the wardrobe department was short on valooses.

• Goober needed it to carry all that OREGANO (shhhh, it's a secret!)

• I’d have to double check, but I remember an episode of Dick Van Dyke that Howard Morris was in.  It was an auction and there was a big elephant foot involved that I wondered if it wasn’t the same one Opie used in “The Cow Thief.”

• The episode is called The Masterpiece and it certainly looks to be the same elephant foot umbrell stand. 

• Two things I noticed in Prisoner of Love today.  When Andy and Barnery hang the sheet over the open cell to give the prisoner some privacy Andy remarks that the lights are awfully bright for her sleeping so he goes over to the light switch to turn the lights off, he reaches over and fakes turning them off but the switch is still in the on position when he removes his hand.    

Also when Andy meets the prisoner at the door and recaptures her when they enter the court house Barney is still working on her hand case in the cell, when the camera cuts back to her and Barney she is carring the hand case. 

• Way to look out Mister Dave.  Good noticing!

I noticed something the other day, not on Prisoner of Love though, Suzan Oliver bless her heart, but it was on Black Day for Mayberry when Rance Howard and another guy came into to the court house looking for the Sheriff. Barney was standing there by the desk looking at a copy of the real Mount Airy Telephone Directory. 

• in the episode, “ Andy and Barney in the Big City”... They went into the hotel and asked for a room… Which means they did not make a reservation. You would think in a big city that they would have. Just an observation  

• Have you ever noticed?...that Andy does his "Official" paperwork in the Courthouse with a PENCIL?  I would think that even back then, it should be done in pen...I do know of one instance where he claimed he used a pen on an official document.  Dos anybody know where that happened?

• I remember when we traveled back in the 50s and 60s my dad would look for motels with the Vacancy sign on.  I'm not sure folks made many reservations like they do now. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhoUSbg1HbLsCwS6MljpGhzSq-HfdUZ0hUSfBK62VxYvrjrMcy&profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.