Replies

• Any list that ranks "Man in a Hurry" 35th, loses all credibility with me. It usually ranks in the top 3. 

• OUCH!

Was that directed at me?  Seriously though, that has never been one of my favorites. And please don't shoot me, but "Opie the Birdman" has never been one of my favorites either. (BTW your post in FLoyd's quote [re. hamburgers] is spot on!) Guess I'm  just weird!

• Oh no, that was not directed at you. It was directed at the website. I have never seen any ratings of episodes that didn't have "Man in a Hurry" rated at least third. I wouldn't say it was my favorite either, I'm just going on history. I didn't reflect their results on you. As Briscoe said, "Man's got a right to his opinion." 🙂

• i've seen lots of "expert" rating sites for shows.  i'd put more stock in this list.  this one is generally real fans voting.  https://tagsrwc.com/cgi-bin/vote.pl?name=favorite&action=view

kinda surprising ron howard's favorite episode.  https://youtu.be/D54iqFc4piE

Favorite Episode of The Andy Griffith Show Poll
  • Hmm....that site doesn't work anymore. :(

• I would put “Convicts at Large” in the top 5 for sure. Also, “Man in a Hurry” belongs near the top - I would even nominate it for #1. 

Quite an interesting assortment they have. Season 1 followed by Season 7.

• These lists are generally just argument starters. I've had a brief look at the Top-10 and my favourite there would be "Crime Free Mayberry". 

I can't stand "Citizen's Arrest". Gomer's stubbornness and even arrogance, drives me mad. How it can be number three is beyond me. It must be an anti-police thing, people like seeing a (make-believe) cop getting a small taste of their own medicine, so to speak. 

As far as "The Pickle Story" not being rated highly, I've never understood the appeal of that one. But, as they say, each to their own. 

What are these, IMDB ratings? 

• Interesting listing, open to a lot of debate.  Opie The Birdman and The Pickle Story are surprisingly not favored, compared to most lists I’ve seen (Man In A Hurry, also).  

And Dogs, Dogs, Dogs at 133?  Pshaw!!

• It is all personal preference. A pickle to some is just a cucumber that sat too long in vinegar.

This reply was deleted.